Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Greg's Energizing with Eastern Market




 
Back this week with another installment of Energizing with Eastern Market. I don’t know about you, but I enjoy working out early in the morning. Getting up before work to go to the gym is fine and dandy when it is warm but now, with the temperature dropping, it is getting tougher to leave my warm comfy bed. Eventually, I get out of bed but only after wasting valuable time that could be better spent pre-fueling.

Pre-fueling is essential before any strenuous activity, especially early morning workouts. Your body needs energy and fuel to perform at its peak. Early morning exercisers especially need to pre-fuel since their bodies have not consumed any food or water in seven to eight hours. Running on empty is never a good idea. The good news is that it doesn’t take much to fuel one’s body.
With a lack of time in the morning, my go-to fuel routine before working out is an English muffin with some peach jam from Eastern Market and a glass of water. A quick burst of carbohydrates with some sweetness is just what I need to get me started. It does not matter what type of bread or jam you use as long as it tastes good for you! Luckily, Eastern Market has a wide variety of both breads and jams. 

Fine Sweet Shoppe has more types of breads that you can imagine (soft multi-grain, rye, ciabatta, rosemary focaccia, kaiser, etc.). Jams are located alongside the main market building and are just as diverse as the breads (peach, orange marmalade, rhubarb, plum, pineapple apricot, etc.)

I know it tough to get out of bed on a chilly day but hopefully some good bread and jam will do the trick. Good luck waking up early and I see you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment