Friday, November 1, 2013


Apologies and Energizing with Eastern Market

Note: Apologies for the lack of posts this week - work has been nuts! 

On to Energizing with Greg at Eastern Market....


Happy Fall everyone!

It is that time of year where fall is in full force: longer nights, cooler temperatures, sweaters and, most importantly, fall foods! Pumpkins, peanuts and are all in season.  Apples are one of my favorite fall snacks not just because they are tasty but also because they are portable and they hold up quite well in a bag all day.

As I am sure you can tell, a common theme throughout my posts is finding foods that are portable while also nutritious and filling.  Not an easy task, if I say so myself. One of the most common pitfalls we all face is when we are hungry we reach for the bowl of candy at our neighbor’s desk or run to the vending machine down the hall. This time of year is even worse with the abundance of Halloween candy seemingly everywhere!

One of the side effects of exercise is increased metabolism leading to increased hunger. I partake in  early morning boot camp and spin classes at Results Gym. Those classes alone can burn at least 500 calories.  So, it is no surprise that by 10:30 or 11:00 am, I already starving even with my early morning breakfast.

Luckily, I have quite a few lovely apples from Eastern Market as my go-to snack! There is no better time to enjoy the cornucopia of different apples: Pink Lady, Fuji, Red Delicious and more make for a tasty treat whether mid-morning or late afternoon. The ambitious among us can even make apple bread for a different type of apple snack. Apples are known for their nutritious content as well as their ability to make us “feel full.” For additional health benefits check out this Huffington Post article, 6 Serious Health Benefits Of Apples.

 

Enjoy the Fall weather and remember to keep Energizing with Eastern Market!


2 comments:

  1. Right now I’m thinking of a slice of apple bread with a cup of hot tea. Definitely on the weekend to-do list!

    ReplyDelete